Healthcare + Flooring
Healthcare + Flooring is the latest in a series of interactive presentations which focuses on how flooring affects people in the built environment. It is a comprehensive overview of the science that accurately describes flooring performance, but which is not often used in writing flooring specifications.
Healthcare + Flooring is an objective discussion of the strengths and challenges associated with rubber flooring, vinyl flooring, carpet and a new flooring category, textile composites. The content is directed towards practitioners of evidence-based design.
Upon completing the module, participants will be able to:
1. Understand the relationship between flooring durability and maintainability and the true cost of ownership.
2. Explain how flooring contributes to health and safety.
3. Understand ways that flooring can prevent injuries to caregivers and patients and the relationship between comfort and moblity.
4. Identify ways that flooring acoustics can affect caregiver and patient outcomes.
5. Understand how the above affects the performance of the hospital.
Healthcare + Flooring is EDAC, IDCEC and EDAC accredited. Call your Sales Representative to schedule a presentation. And lunch is on us!